Create a Facebook feed widget
- How to create a Facebook Widget
- Sign in, then select Create widget
- From the window that appears, select the Facebook icon
- Copy and paste your Facebook page URL (e.g. https://www.facebook.com/FeedWind/ ) into the setup screen. Be advised, you must be the administrator of the Facebook page to see results.
- Choose style options that match your brand and website design
- Select the Save & Get code button and a window will appear with your code snippet (regular HTML or iFrame)
- Select the Copy code button. The code snippet then auto-copies to your clipboard
- Paste the code snippet into your widget area or HTML of your web page. The widget will appear when the page is refreshed
Facebook Widget Setup
Sign in to your FeedWind dashboard and select the Create Widget button. A dialogue window appears where you can click the Facebook icon to create a Facebook widget. After clicking on the Facebook widget button, the setup screen updates to provide options relevant to your choice. Paste or type the Facebook page’s URL into the field provided.
For FeedWind to display any content from Facebook, the source page must be a published page, meaning the Facebook page must be publicly accessible. If you are not sure how to do this, please see this Facebook help article about publishing a page.
Users are also required to authenticate their administrative status for Facebook pages before the page can be used to populate a FeedWind feed. Third-party social media managers and the like are advised to refer their clients to this page if questions arise over why you require admin privileges. The purpose is to ensure the integrity of our feeds by preventing unauthorized parties from creating feeds with copyrighted material. The Facebook settings guide from their official documentation found here will explain how to change your role to Admin.
Your feed will appear in the preview alongside the setup options, where you can customize your widget to match your site design. Also, consider using custom CSS to expand your customization options.
Facebook widgets update every 15 minutes for Pro users and every 5 minutes for Plus users. The basic plan updates Facebook feeds every 5 hours. Visit our plans page for more details.
About expiration date of Facebook token
After Facebook authentication, the token will be valid for 60 days. After that, it will be updated automatically, so Facebook content will be displayed on FeedWind as it is. However, if your FeedWind widget is never displayed during that 60-day period (no requests made to the Facebook API), the token will expire and you will need to authenticate to Facebook again.
When it expires, an error message will appear and the content will not be displayed on FeedWind. To restart the display, log in to FeedWind and re-authenticate. The message “Your Facebook token has expired.” Is displayed. Click the “Confirm” button to display the Facebook authentication screen.