Hosting CSS on Google Drive
How to host CSS files on Google Drive for custom design widgets
- After uploading CSS files to Google Drive, please follow below steps:
- Right-click on your Google Docs CSS file and select “Get shareable link”.
- Click the Copy Link option.
- Your Google Drive CSS File URL https://drive.google.com/file/d/FILE_ID/view?usp=sharing
- Convert the URL to the patterns below: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=FILE_ID&export=download
- Change /file/d/ to /uc?id=
- Change /view?usp=sharing to & export=download.
- Now you can input the URL to Custom CSS link under General > Advanced settings: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=FILE_ID&export=download.
You can host CSS files on Google Drive, so you don’t need to have your own server for custom Feedwind widgets. It is useful for online platforms like Wix and Weebly for building websites, as these platforms don’t store CSS files.
You can create CSS files with any text editor and upload them directly into your Google Drive. To work with FeedWind, set the CSS document’s permissions to “Anyone can view” in the sharing options. See our tutorials on CSS customization instructions on how to use CSS files with various content sources like RSS, Facebook, and Google Calendar, or check our quick guide below.