Hosting CSS on Dropbox
Hosting CSS on Dropbox lets you use online storage to hold a .css file for custom Feedwind widgets without your own server. It is useful for online platforms like Wix or Weebly for building websites, as these platforms don’t have the capability to store CSS files. Creating a CSS file can be completed with any text editor. See our main page on CSS customization for instructions on using CSS files with various platforms like RSS, Facebook, and Google Calendar.
Uploading files to Dropbox is a straightforward operation that should be familiar to anyone who has ever sent an email attachment. For those unfamiliar with file uploads, see their official documentation here.
To use this URL in FeedWind you will need to make a small adjustment to the URL by changing the ‘www.‘ in the URL to ‘dl.‘ For example: https://www.dropbox.com/ should be converted to https://dl.dropbox.com/../
Get the URL for your .css file
The following are instructions specific to each operating system.
On Mac OSX:
- Open Dropbox, and locate your .css file.
- Right-click on the file and select “Copy Public Link. to coy a shareable URL for your .css file to the clipboard.
In a Windows web browser:
- Go to your Dropbox and locate your hosted .css file.
- Hover your mouse over the file you want to share and a “Share” button appear.
- Clicking the share button will open a dialogue window that allows you to copy a shareable URL that can be imported to FeedWind.