Create a Google News Widget
Why Google News Widget?
If you have a website or a blog which provides the visitors with fresh news and ideas related to the topic they are interested in – it’s likely that they will return to the website. You can provide them with the latest news on virtual currencies, fashion trends, the latest NBA game scores, or whatever your website is about.
With a news widget you give your website visitors value without having to constantly update the content. Google News is great for that, as it is very up to date and brimming with the latest news from publications from all over the world. However, please note that it is forbidden to present Google News as your own content.
This is an example of a Google news feed displayed with the FeedWind widget. The keyword is “makeup trends”
If you wish to add a Google News feed to your website and display it with the FeedWind widget, you just need to follow our instructions. There are two main steps.
Step 1: Set up a Google News RSS Feed
- First you will need to go to Google News and choose the category of news you want to display.
- You can select one of the sections on the right (Business, Technology, Entertainment, or create a custom section) You can also filter the news by the location (top of the page) or you can type in the keyword you need in the search field.
- Now that you have the feed you want to use for your website, go to the very bottom of the page and find the RSS link.
- Right click and copy the link address. This is the address you will need for the next step.
Step 2: Set up a FeedWind widget
To create a FeedWind widget, you will need to have a FeedWind account and to be signed in. If you don’t have an account, it will take you about 1 minute to sign up. It’s really easy!
- Click the Create Widget button (you can find it at the top right corner of your screen) and then select RSS Feed
- Now you will copy the Google News feed address you retrieved in Step 1 and paste it to the Feed URL box. Click anywhere outside the box and you will see the preview of the widget on the right side.
- If you wish, you can customize your widget and play with the color, size, style, or scroll type so as to match the style and colors of your website.
- Type the name of your widget in the field at the top left corner of the screen.
- When you have finished, click the Save & Get code button at the top right corner. You will get the code that you can paste to your website.
If you get stuck at any point, please feel free to contact us!February 23, 2018 7:21 am