Create a Pinterest widget
Why Pinterest Widget?
Pinterest is a social network used for sharing and bookmarking visual content such as photos, recipes, DIY tutorials and blog posts. It’s like an online pinboard where you can pin (bookmark) content or upload your own, and then categorize it into boards. This social platform is all about exploring your taste, discovering and sharing new ideas, and inspiring others. You can have a board dedicated to quotes, recipes, holiday ideas, or whatever your website visitors might be interested in.
There are a few reasons why including a Pinterest widget to your website might be a great idea.
- Using Pinterest is completely free and the sign-up process is very simple.
- It is used by more than 200 million people worldwide.
- Your website will look better and you will always have fresh content.
- You can use it to inspire your visitors and share your ideas.
- The option to categorize the content into boards can be useful.
Now, we will show you how you can create a Pinterest RSS widget with FeedWind and embed it on your website.
Creating a Pinterest widget
First, you need to retrieve the Pinterest RSS Feed URL.
There are two types of Pinterest RSS feed.
1. Pinterest User RSS Feed
If you use the Pinterest User RSS, the widget will display the latest pins of the user.
In order to retrieve the URL, just add /feed.rss/ to the end of your Pinterest account URL. You can get it by clicking on your profile icon.
To illustrate this, we will use the Pinterest URL of the blogger Caitlin Cawley.
Her Pinterest account URL is:
Now we just need to add /feed.rss/ to the end, and we got what we need for the Step 2.
2. PinBoard RSS Feed
If you use PinBoard RSS Feed, the widget will display one of your boards – collections of pins. Click on one of your boards and copy the URL. Again, we will use Caitlin Cawley’s board “dogs” to illustrate what you need to do.
The URL of the board is:
Now, we will add .rss to the end:
It’s time to create a FeedWind Pinterest Widget!
You will need to have a FeedWind account and to be signed in. If you don’t have an account, it will take you about 1 minute to sign up. It’s really easy and free of charge!
- Click the Create Widget button (you can find it at the top right corner of your screen) and then select “RSS Feed”
- Now you will copy the feed URL you retrieved in Step 1 (either Pinterest User or Board) and paste it to the Feed URL box. Click anywhere outside the box and you will see the preview of the widget on the right side.
- If you wish, you can customize your widget and play with the color, size, style, or scroll type so as to match the style and colors of your website.
- Type the name of your widget in the field at the top left corner of the screen.
- When you have finished, click the Save & Get code button at the top right corner. You will get the code that you can paste to your website.
This is how the User RSS FeedWind widget looks like:
And this is how the PinBoard RSS FeedWind widget looks like:
If you get stuck at any point, please feel free to contact us!February 19, 2018 12:29 am